1. When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.
It’s true. I get hangry.
I am hypoglycemic, so when my blood sugar starts to dip, I nose dive. The Husband can attest. I start off getting a little ditzy and have trouble focusing. I sometimes will break into sweats, feel short of breath and get very anxious. The sooner I get food, the better.
Another thing happens sometimes. I get hangry. I can get unhappy, unpleaseable… just not very much fun. It sneaks up on you too, you think you are ok, and then it descends into chaos… well chaos may be dramatic. Maybe I should eat more now.
Tonight, I was moderately hungry when the pot roast that wouldn’t fit in the crockpot got done in the oven. I was more than moderately displeased with how it turned out. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t very good. I am looking forward to the day when I don’t have to buy the cheapest cut of meat on the day it expires.
I couldn’t eat the meal, it just didn’t taste good to me. I then went from moderately hungry, to desperately hungry. I started looking through the pantry, freezer, pinterest, the whole nine yards. Nothing. This leads to growing Hanger. Nothing looks good, sounds good, will be enough to probably to fill the void that is my blood sugar.
I finally gave up and ate a bowl of cereal. It was not enough. Ugh. The Husband then suggested I make a bunuelo, or basically a tortilla with butter and cinnamon and sugar. Basically, HE wanted one, and was hoping in my decreased state of hanger, I would be willing to make him one while filling my own desires… smarty pants.
Instead, I took it a step further. Apple Burrito.
It did not disappoint. Hanger cured.
Try one for yourself….
1 granny smith apple, diced
Cinnamon and Sugar
1. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
2. Add apples, and add cinnamon and sugar to taste. Cook till apples cook through. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In same pan, put tortilla in. Cook about 20 seconds and flip. Put butter on upward facing side of tortilla, and sprinkle more cinnamon on butter.
4. Remove from heat, and put apples on buttered and cinnamon side. Roll up like a burrito and enjoy. Yum.
Can’t be hangry with something so sweet and delicious.